JUNIOR PARALEGAL ADMIN ASSISTANT
Junior position perfect for students looking to get work experience in law firm.
Part-time role designed for law students with lots of training. If you're really keen for full-time we can make that work.
Work 1 day a week during exams.
This is a paid permanent position (not an internship or clerkship).
Applications from first year students are welcomed!
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A brilliant organiser.
You love lists. You love processes and systems. And if one does not exist, you create your own and everyone asks “Why didn’t we do that earlier?”
Together we will make a difference to how estate planning and administration services are delivered. We constantly ask, “How do we make it better? What else can we do, to deliver a better client experience?”
If this resonates with you, then you should apply - because you’re more than likely to thrive here.
WHAT YOU'LL BE ACHIEVING
1. You'll be conducting estate planning files from beginning to end. You will help us guide clients from the beginning of their legal question to the right answer. You’ll be interacting with clients, drafting basic letters and documents, coordinating meetings and ultimately making sure the clients have a great experience. And that does include some light cleaning duties.
2. Completing our comprehensive training for new team members within a three week period. Applying your newly learned knowledge to our documents and processes to deliver work with high levels of detail.
3. Identifying and creating improvements within our business. No task, system or process is too big or small for improvements. You know we can do better and you will solve the equation so we can unlock our ability to deliver better outcomes for our clients, team and the firm.
You must be experienced with Word and have a typing speed of at least 58 wpm.
TESTIMONIAL FROM JERALDINE
Working at YHC Lawyers has given me the opportunity to have hands-on legal experience. For example, I have been afforded the opportunity to have client interactions and draft legal documents. Shen and Loan also truly take an interest in the career development of their team so the mentoring I have received from them has also been invaluable. I could not have asked for a better experience.
- Jeraldine Mow
TESTIMONIAL FROM ARIANE
Working at YHC Lawyers as a paralegal has been an invaluable experience and a great start to my legal career. It has allowed me to develop a close relationship with directors and has given me a strong insight into my future responsibilities as a lawyer.
Shen and Loan ensure you are given detailed training which will be very useful throughout your future career. They allow you to have a hands on, client facing experience. They take their time to understand your future direction and help guide and provide future career advice.
They are flexible with your studies and will help you in any way they can. The friendly work environment at YHC Lawyers allows you to grow your skills in a comfortable and open environment. Overall I am extremely grateful to have worked here, and regardless of where my future career takes me I know I can always turn to Shen and Loan for advice.
- Ariane Hogno
Applications close: 5.00PM Tuesday 31 May 2022
AVAILABILITY & COMMENCEMENT
You can chose to make this a part-time or full-time role. You choose the frequency of 2 - 5 days a week. During exams work 1 day a week or keep your existing frequency.
During summer holidays there are usually additional days of work available if you’re looking for extra work.
The position commences the week after you finish your last exam for the semester.
You need to be able to work in a full-time capacity in your first three weeks in order to complete your training. You are paid during training (it is not a ‘trial’). After training, your regular schedule begins.
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian work visa or be an Australian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Email your application to email@example.com;
2. In your cover letter you advise of your availability. The options available are: 2 days a week to 5 days a week; and
3. Include your CV, cover letter and copy of academic transcript in PDF format as separate attachments. Most writing apps allow you to convert documents to PDF. Use Google to find other ideas if you get stuck.
If you do not have a university transcript because you are in your first year first semester, please submit your high school transcript (for Queensland students it's your Senior Statement from QCAA)
Applications which do not meet the above criteria, will not be considered.
Unofficial academic transcripts will be accepted for applications. Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts.
Applications will be read by Mr Shen Chow.
The cover letter is your free kick.
We assume that if you're applying, you're going to be reliable, hard-working and using all the skills you have accumulated; so you don’t have to tell us that.
Use the cover letter as an opportunity to help you stand out from the other applicants. Examples:
1. tell us something that we can't learn from reading your CV;
2. clarify things in your CV; or
3. show your personality, passion for the position, or to narrate your life and work history.