OUR CADET Role
The perfect opportunity for law students seeking experience in a law firm before they graduate.
Work alongside the Directors.
The part-time nature of the role complements a student studying full-time.
First year students are encouraged to apply.
There is, of course, the seriously comfortable chairs everyone loves.
This is a paid position.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for awesome co-worker who is keen to excel while studying law and working in a law firm.
For yourself, you’ll bring questions and a never-ending desire to find better answers. For our clients, you’ll have a relentless drive to deliver exceptional client service and understand that without clients, we do not exist. For our team, you’ll have a passion that inspires others, a make-it-happen spirit, and the ability to multitask like a pro.
What You'll Be Achieving
This role is combination of the following:
1. Research, but with the added twist of time limitation. You need to be able to identify legal issues and use a methodical way to find answers to the questions we give you.
2. Support, other team members so that we can achieve our goals. The words 'glamourous work' means nothing to you, as all work is important.
3. Learning, the administrative and legal aspects of working in a law firm. You will be trained intensively in the first month. At the end of the training you will excel in all aspects of our systems and processes.
AVAILABILITY & Commencement
This is a part-time role. You choose the frequency of 2 - 3 days a week.
The position commences the week after you finish your last exam for the year.
You will need to be available full-time for the first four weeks of your summer holidays (only for this year).
Our 2018 recruitment is closed.
We typically start recruitment in August each year.
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian work visa or be an Australian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In your cover letter you advise your availability. The options available are: 2 days a week or 3 days a week; and
3. Include your CV, cover letter and copy of academic transcript in PDF format as separate attachments. You can convert Word documents to PDF with most versions of Word. Use Google to find other ideas if you get stuck.
If your application does not meet the above criteria, it will not be considered.
Unofficial academic transcripts will be accepted for applications. Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts.
The cover letter is your free kick.
We assume that if you're applying, you're going to be reliable, hard-working and using all the skills you have accumulated. So you don’t have to tell us that.
Use the cover letter as an opportunity to help you stand out from the other applicants. Examples:
1. tell us something that we can't learn from reading your CV;
2. clarify things in your CV;
3. describe an achievement of which you're most proud;
4. show your personality, passion for the position, or to narrate your life and work history.
Applications will be read by Shen Chow. You can (if you like) address your letters to Shen.