OUR CADET Role
Exciting opportunity for law students to work part-time in a law firm before they graduate.
Work one-on-one with the directors.
First year students are encouraged to apply.
This is a paid position (not an internship or clerkship).
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A part-time cadet to join us in solving and delivering better legal solutions for our clients, our business and you. The role is part-time. You choose: two or three days a week.
Similar experience is nice but not essential. Instead, you need to bring innate organising skills so that you can stay on top of the things happening – and there’s a lot happening.
Client work, phone calls, meetings, trying new things and finding the gems that work – all the fun things which make the work interesting. We can’t imagine how boring it would be if everything was just same-same.
Together we will make a difference to how estate planning and administration services are delivered.
If this resonates with you, then you should apply. Because you’re likely to thrive here.
1. Actual full conduct. No snippets of work here and there. You will have the file from beginning to end and we will take care of the legal advice component. Don’t worry, you won’t be thrown in the deep-end. We have a comprehensive training program. And that takes us to point 2.
2. Learn. We teach you everything you need to know so that you can excel in your role. You will teach us your insights so that we can take our business to another level together.
3. Help and assistance. You instinctively help other team members so that we can achieve our goals as whole. The words 'glamourous work' means nothing to you, as all work is important.
You must be experienced with Word and have a typing speed of at least 58 wpm.
AVAILABILITY & Commencement
This is a part-time role. You choose the frequency of 2 - 3 days a week.
The position commences the week after you finish your last exam for the year.
You will need to be available full-time for the first three weeks of your summer holidays (only for this year).
Applications open: Saturday 1 August 2020
Applications close: 5.00PM Friday 14 August 2020
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian work visa or be an Australian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Email your application to email@example.com
2. In your cover letter you advise your availability. The options available are: 2 days a week or 3 days a week; and
3. Include your CV, cover letter and copy of academic transcript in PDF format as separate attachments. You can convert Word documents to PDF with most versions of Word. Use Google to find other ideas if you get stuck.
If your application does not meet the above criteria, it will not be considered.
Unofficial academic transcripts will be accepted for applications. Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts.
Applications will be read by Shen Chow.
The cover letter is your free kick.
We assume that if you're applying, you're going to be reliable, hard-working and using all the skills you have accumulated. So you don’t have to tell us that.
Use the cover letter as an opportunity to help you stand out from the other applicants. Examples:
1. tell us something that we can't learn from reading your CV;
2. clarify things in your CV;
3. describe an achievement of which you're most proud;
4. show your personality, passion for the position, or to narrate your life and work history.