OUR CADET Role
Exciting opportunity for law students to work part-time in a law firm before they graduate.
Work one-on-one with the directors.
First year students are encouraged to apply.
This is a paid position (not an internship or clerkship).
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A part-time cadet to join us in solving and delivering better legal solutions for our clients, our business and you. The role is part-time. You choose: two or three days a week.
Similar experience is nice but not essential. Instead, you need to bring innate organising skills so that you can stay on top of the things happening – and there’s a lot happening.
Client work, phone calls, meetings, trying new things and finding the gems that work – all the fun things which make the work interesting. We can’t imagine how boring it would be if everything was just same-same.
Together we will make a difference to how estate planning and administration services are delivered.
If this resonates with you, then you should apply. Because you’re likely to thrive here.
1. Actual full conduct. No snippets of work here and there. You will have the file from beginning to end and we will take care of the legal advice component. Don’t worry, you won’t be thrown in the deep-end. We have a comprehensive training program. And that takes us to point 2.
2. Learn. We teach you everything you need to know so that you can excel in your role. You will teach us your insights so that we can take our business to another level together.
3. Help and assistance. You instinctively help other team members so that we can achieve our goals as whole. The words 'glamourous work' means nothing to you, as all work is important.
You must be experienced with Word and have a typing speed of at least 58 wpm.
We have revisited our Cadet requirements for 2020 and 2021 and we are accepting Cadet applications for a position to commence in February 2021.
Applications open: Wednesday 5 August 2020
Applications close: 5.00PM Thursday 20 August 2020
AVAILABILITY & Commencement
This is a part-time role. You choose the frequency of 2 - 3 days a week.
The role starts on 1 February 2021. For the first three weeks (Monday 1 February 2021 - Friday 19 February 2021) you must be able to work full-time in order to complete your training period.
After the training period your part-time work commences.
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian work visa or be an Australian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Email your application to email@example.com
2. In your cover letter you advise your availability. The options available are: 2 days a week or 3 days a week; and
3. Include your CV, cover letter and copy of academic transcript in PDF format as separate attachments. You can convert Word documents to PDF with most versions of Word. Use Google to find other ideas if you get stuck.
If your application does not meet the above criteria, it will not be considered.
Unofficial academic transcripts will be accepted for applications. Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts.
Applications will be read by Shen Chow.