OUR CADET Role
The perfect opportunity for law students seeking experience in a law firm before they graduate.
Work alongside the Directors.
The part-time nature of the role complements a student studying full-time.
There is, of course, the seriously comfortable chairs everyone loves.
This is a paid position.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A natural organiser.
There’s a lot going on in our office. Client work, phone calls, meetings and the unexpected curve balls – all aspects which make law interesting. We wouldn’t want it any other way.
If you’re well organised, you’ll thrive in our environment.
Together we are seeking to make a difference to how estate planning and administration services are delivered. We constantly ask, ‘How do we make it better? What else can we do, to deliver a better client experience?’
What You'll Be Achieving
This role is combination of the following:
1. Research, but with the added twist of time limitation. You need to be able to identify legal issues and use a methodical way to find answers to the questions we give you.
2. Support, other team members so that we can achieve our goals. The words 'glamourous work' means nothing to you, as all work is important.
3. Learning, the administrative and legal aspects of working in a law firm. You will be trained intensively in the first month. At the end of the training you will excel in all aspects of our systems and processes.
You must be experienced with Word and have a typing speed of at least 58 wpm.
AVAILABILITY & Commencement
This is a part-time role. You choose the frequency of 2 - 3 days a week.
This role commences week beginning 8 April 2019
Applications open: Wednesday 20 March 2019
Applications close: 5.00PM Wednesday 27 March 2019
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have an appropriate Australian work visa or be an Australian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Email your application to email@example.com
2. In your cover letter you advise your availability. The options available are: 2 days a week or 3 days a week; and
3. Include your CV, cover letter and copy of academic transcript in PDF format as separate attachments. You can convert Word documents to PDF with most versions of Word. Use Google to find other ideas if you get stuck.
If your application does not meet the above criteria, it will not be considered.
Unofficial academic transcripts will be accepted for applications. Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts.
The cover letter is your free kick.
We assume that if you're applying, you're going to be reliable, hard-working and using all the skills you have accumulated. So you don’t have to tell us that.
Use the cover letter as an opportunity to help you stand out from the other applicants. Examples:
1. tell us something that we can't learn from reading your CV;
2. clarify things in your CV;
3. describe an achievement of which you're most proud;
4. show your personality, passion for the position, or to narrate your life and work history.
Applications will be read by Shen Chow. You can (if you like) address your letters to Shen.